With life, with kids, with stuff in general. I feel like I can't lift myself out of the pit. Ugh - I hate that. I am a crabby crabby person. Most of the time I hide it so well - and I think I still am. Most of you that know me know that I don't act overwhelmed or sad in front of you. I put on a decent front I think. I'm just spent. Kyle is spent too - he said during dinner - "I think I am burnt out". He has been working his BUTT off on his job - putting in long stressful hours trying to keep everyone happy. We need a vacation, but obviously that cannot happen anytime soon. In fact - between now and Oct. - life is only going to get busier somehow. Not sure how that is possible. I feel pulled in every direction right now - how many more can I get pulled in? I just want to give up and say "I quit". Anyway - that is the overwhelming feeling I have. This is really my only place to confide I guess - sorry for those that actually read - LOL. So if you know me and you would have never guessed it - well - now you know. How many of you cover up these same feelings? I think we probably all do. I think my pregnancy hormones this time are so out of wack - I have kind of felt this the whole time. I told my girlfriend Julie (also a nurse at my Dr) that I probably should get on some medication - and yet I never have. I do admit though it would be so nice to just feel "normal". OK - enough.
I'll give about 10 random facts about me just to end the post on a good note!
1. I am an 80's child - born in 1980 and literally LOVE the 80's. 80's music is GREAT.
2. I am the youngest of 5 kids - what was my mom thinking - LOL!
3. I have only broke one bone in my body - oddly enough it was my collar bone - how wierd is that? I don't remember it a bit - I think I was only like 3 yrs old or something - and fell off a retaining wall. I did chip a bone in my finger once.
4. I went to the rainforest in Peru - the summer between 7th and 8th grade I think. Got sick and lost like 10 lbs. from eathing nothing. Had a HORRIBLE room mate and had to get switched.
5. I went to a private christian school my whole life.
6. Beauty school was the exception - I did that my senior year half days and then the year after - 1500 hrs of school to get my license.
7. I met Kyle - my husband at a party thru a girl from beauty school. The night I met him he proposed to me. It was all out of a conversation of me saying I would cook and clean for him - so he jokingly asked me. I was dating a highschool boyfriend at the time - which obviously didn't last much longer after that! Kyle swept me off my feet that night - but I had thought at the time that that was where it would end. I feel like I need to do a whole blog post just on our relationship - LOL!
8. I got married at 20 years old - have not regretted it ONCE to this day!
9. We honeymooned in Hawaii - FOR FREE!!!!
10. I LOVE Mc Donalds - like I could eat there everyday probably - HORRIBLE I know!
So - tomorrow is work and then I told Kyle we are staying home ALL weekend until the girls rooms are done!!! Hopefully I can show pics by Sat. night! I think I am going to like the colors we picked out!
Adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I hope you are feeling better soon. I to cover up pretty much everything... anyone who reads my blog knows me pretty well, but in person I put on a front all the time! Meds truly aren't a bad thing... if it works it's worth it! Just don't let things get to bad!
Thanks for the info on carpet cleaning... I will call L&N tomorow, I've used them before but think I was turned off b/c of the add on prices... but between you and Sarah I think I'm ready to try again...
Hopefully you get things done this weekend and enjoy a weekend at home!
You are dealing with so much right now it is only normal for these feelings to surface. You exceed in so many areas of your life keep ahold of all of the positives!! It's hard to be all that we are called to be as mom's, wives and much much more! I always see a smile and that is what you need to hold unto. If you need help with anything I am only steps away!!
Keep your head towards the heavens and everything will work itself out!! I will keep you in my prayers!
Amy
You're an amazing woman manda! You really are! If you ever need ANYTHING, let me know! That's what family is for anyway right?!?! I'm not just saying that either. :)
Love ya!
i know how you feel. you know the old hymn, "I Need Thee Every Hour"? well that is my motto! just spend a day at my house, you'll feel much better!(jk)
i am sorry you are feeling this way, and these feelings are justifiably valid with mothers, esp. when you are pregnant! and though you hide it well, you have to let go sometime. i hope you have a way to relieve this stress or it just builds up and we don't want that. you know you don't have to hide these things from us(your friends/moms) we know how you feel and you can vent to us anytime!
I've read all the comments & can pretty much just say "ditto" to all of them. You know that I understand 100% what you are feeling. I don't think that I am very good at hiding how I am feeling. I can hide some of my emotions, but most of the time I think that I am a pretty open book. I wish I was better at hiding sometimes - there's a vulnerability to being open. Anyway, hang in there. I just looked at your ticker and realized you have less than 10 weeks left - woohooo!
Your honeymoon was free?? WOW!!!!! Lucky girl!!!
Amanda, you know me and my history.... meds are good. Call me if you have questions. Do you need a break for Saturday? I could take Selah...Presley would love to play. I work til 1pm but she could come in the afternoon so you guys could work w/o the youngest if that helps. I completely understand where you are. I think that is why I have changed so much. Good and some bad. I will pray for you because I know what it can be like. Words don't always help but sometimes a good cry will. You know me and crying! LOL
Call me anytime - honestly!
you are not the only one that feels that way amanda! i am sure most moms do to a degree. i have been on medication since zoe was 3 months old and now she is 2! i don't think I could be "normal" without it. there is no shame in it and i feel SO much better!
my prayers are with you!
Hopefully you'll feel better after spending a weekend doing nothing but working around the house. You do put up a good front- sorry you have been feeling this way. I hope it disappears once little Lulu is born. Did you get the chair from MJ?
Post a Comment