So I am just going to say that the last two days have been tiring! A lot of fun, and two good days off, but tiring! Physically tiring - like last night after salon night I could barely stand, luckily when I woke up this morning and got ready for our trip to Shipshewana I felt none of the soreness from the night before. Tonight - kind of sore again due to just a long hot day shopping and traveling. We had a great day though and it was good to get out. We left at 8:00 this morning and stopped and had breakfast at a great place in Kalamazoo off the highway - kind of became a tradition for the drive to Shipsee. Then back on the road for the rest of the trip. We hit a TON of construction so the drive up there took about 3 hours - with breakfast. Hope mom didn't hate my driving too much - I know i stressed her out a bit b/c I like to just GO - don't get in my way - LOL! We shopped at the flea market for about 2 hours - that was enough. It was HOT! I got my nippers, cheap sunglasses, two watches, looked for a quilt and didn't find one for the right price. The girls got a few things too - some little cheap plates/bowls, and $1 toys. After the market we ALWAYS head to Das Essenhaus. I LOVE this place. Great family style dining - with a TON of good food. Mom tried to talk me into eating on the regular restaurant side since it was just us two and the girls. I would have nothing of it - LOL. I looked at the price of a roast beef dinner on that side and it was $10 - not including drinks and desserts and only 2 side choices. The family style is $15/pp, but you get a little salad, bread (with amish peanut butter - YUM), chicken, roast beef, corn, potatos, stuffing, amish noodles, a drink and a dessert (uh - yes - we took that to go b/c we were STUFFED). So for $15 - you get all of that that you want! Good deal I would say. So we enjoyed that food - although would have enjoyed it more without Selah, but nonetheless we enjoyed it. It was good to be in the air with an ice water and a fountain pop!!! And we couldn't head home without my mom getting the girls new horse stuffed animals and a ride on the amish horse and buggy around the grounds. I stayed back and went in two shops and then got the car ready for the ride home. It was thundering off in the background so the ride was just a shorter one and we just beat the rain while we scurried into the car! Off we were on the way home! Again - more road construction and oddly enough - we got stopped on the road just by the Michigan border for a TREE that lay across the whole road. There was some amazing lightning and we assume that some hit the tree and made it fall. Luckily no cars were under it - kind of scary. If we had left 5 minutes before, that could have been scary. Some guys had gotten out of there cars to somehow manhandle the whole tree to get it off the road so cars could continue on. Just bizarre stuff on our travels - kind of thanking God right now for protecting us b/c it was crazy! So we had a great time - home by 6:00 to my mom and I came home with the girls here by 7:00. We took a shower together (so much easier for me to have them in the shower with me than to lean over the tub with my big belly!). Girls were in bed sleeping by 8:00!!! So two great busy days off! It will kind of be nice to be at work tomorrow - b/c work is actually relaxing to me - a break. Kyle is gone again tonight helping his brother move some last things from their sold cottage!
Have I told you I feel like a single mom? Well I do - still haven't gotten over it - sorry for bringing it up again. I am not complaining - just saying I am kind of sick of it already. The girls miss their dad like crazy. Everyday when we are heading home from somewhere they ask "will Daddy be home?" I am sure they just expect me to say no. And basically that is the fact - he's not home. I don't blame him either. He is just working hard - doing his best. He aims to please - everyone. Just right now it seems like he's aiming to please everyone but his family. Work is VERY demanding for him right now and then he needs his time too - so it's not like I can blame him for needing to get away either - just feels like it's a lot! This too shall pass!
OH yeah - had my 34 week appt. yesterday! Wow - like next appt they will start "checking" my "progress" (if you know what I mean LOL). I had lost a pound in 2 weeks - kind of odd at this point and I cannot believe. I EAT! I eat a TON! I love my ice cream and sweets. I think it can only be b/c I have been busy chasing the girls! We haven't had time to do our bike rides or walks so it's not from that. Who knows - I am sure it is no concern - next appt I will probably have gained 5 - LOL! The babe is definitely growing b/c she is so right there. Just still shoving my insides around like mad! I totally know I will miss that feelingin a little over a month. :(
OK - this ended up being a longer post than I thought - LOL! That's what you get when Kyle is gone - you get me talking to you b/c I can't tell you the last conversation we had together. Oh wait - it was the night we got to go out together just us two - two weekends ago! So you get my blabbermouth instead of him - LOL! This will probably be my last post until next Mon./Tue. We are off on Fri. morning to the cottage! Hope you all have an awesome Labor Day weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I busted out laughing from the comment about dinner being better without Selah...I can SO relate and love how you just kind of slipped it in there! :) Sounds like you had a good 2 days...but I totally know what you mean about going to work and it being relaxing! Have fun this weekend!
I seriously don't know how I would function if I didn't have at least two days of work. Sometimes I feel like my 3 is too much, though. Sorry, you've been so busy. It's hard when you're tired and hubby can't help.
Shipsee sounds like fun. We didn't go this year. But Adam could sure use another pair of those cheap sunglasses. :)
Sounds like fun. It makes me want to take some time off work to go. I don't think that I would bother taking the girls. You are much more ambitious in that respect. I would either leave the girls home or we would all stay home. Anyway, my mouth was watering just thinking about Das Essenhaus. YUM!
I hope you have a relaxing weekend - one last party at the cottage?
Congratulations on the Catwalk - how nice to be noticed for all your work!
Glad you had a good day at Shipsee. You were very brave to take the girls on a hot day but good idea to pass the time while Kyle was busy. Man, I wish the Essenhaus was a bit closer! It's one of those restaurants I love and Brian, not so much. I tell him he is too spoiled eating downtown Holland every day for lunch!
Have a great day at work!
COngrats on the Catwalk layout! Glad you found some stuff on your shopping "ADVENTURE", definately sounds like it was an adventure for sure! Have a good weekend!
Like I said, it WILL pass. :-) Have a great Labor Day vacation at the cottage!
Post a Comment