Just some good stuff to chat about! Last night I went to our local
BSF chapter, and I just want to say WOW! This is an international and non-denominational Bible Study. I went tonight on some prodding from my girlfriend Julie and my sister-in-law Sarah. I was not dissappointed and it was just the intro night for me. I went tonight with the hopes of getting enrolled for the class that starts up again in the fall. I sat thru our intro. class while others were in their small group discussions. After that everyone comes together again (our chapter is about 300 ladies), and then they listen to a lecture. Both Sarah and Julie said that I didn't need to stay if I didn't want to b/c the lecture was on their last bible study in Romans. I still felt like I should stay for the lecture for some reason and let's just be honest - it was an adult night away without kiddos -LOL! The lecture was amazing - it was on Romans 16. Specifically to me it was on
Romans 16:17-20. Now for the last 3 years I have kind of felt stagnant in my relationship with God. I don't feel like I "hear" Him speaking to me. Tonight folks I KNEW He was speaking to me!!! What a cool feeling! I have been praying for some peace and re-assurance on how to deal with some things in my life and I am at TOTAL peace right now. So glad I went and so glad I stayed! I am VERY excited to start this fall in BSF and to really STUDY God's word. I feel like their principles are VERY God based - like they don't even want you looking to extra concordances or anything - just the Bible - until you have really gotten it and did the full study. They focus on different aspects of study too which is good - in one way or another I think that each and every person can understand it when they teach with different methods b/c everyone learns in different modes! Anyway - good stuff I tell ya!!!
So I found my new favorite fonts! I have used them on my last two LO's!
These fonts are so much fun (Audrey's Birdie Fonts!!!) I just love me the hand-written fonts lately! There is also a buzz that Audrey is going to start selling fonts for you in your handwriting! How cool would that be?! I for sure want to sign up for one!

And here is my latest LO. Credits here. I kind of started my own challenge on this one - to do a LO using something from EVERY designer at The-Lilypad. That's 5 gals! I can't believe I did it and it was quite easy actually - their stuff just all goes so well together! Of course I had to throw in an alpha template from Janet Phillips and these cool cardboard tears by Digital Couture shop!
Tonight we are going to try to work on yard stuff before Kyle heads out of town (given that the rain stays south east of us!), and then tomorrow I get to stay home again!!! A nice break for me - working 2 1/2 days has proven to make my life a little bit chaotic. To answer a few questions that a few of you had also:
When is ultrasound: one week away!!! Wed. the 22nd!
How did open house go: Sounds like pretty good. Haven't heard anything back of course so I am not holding my breath, but they liked it and she is a cosmetologist and the salon I have in the house was a BIG draw!
Where are we moving to when we sell: Well first to my parent possibly while we build our 3rd house. Might have to rent depending on when things happen. We are staying right in our area just like we always have and probably always will!!!
OK - hope you all have a great rest of your day!
MandaKay
8 comments:
So glad you liked it, it's amazing how God speaks to you right when you need it, and how different people get different things out of each lesson, depending on what they need. He is so good! Enjoy your time alone scrapping this week! Great layout too by the way! Great stuff!
Great stuff at BSF - glad you liked it and felt connected!
Cute LO too - Selah is so big!
We're meeting at the Farmer's Market on the stairs tomorrow for Little Hands at 10:00 if you are interested! We'd love to see you!
So glad you heard God speak to you at BSF. I tell you, I just can't explain how many times that has happened. I'll be dreading going, because there is always something I need to do at home. Then I'll get there and be BLOWN away about what I learn about God's path for my life. I tell you- I know for a fact that I would have never made it without BSF- It is so cool how God works through that bible study. I am glad you are pumped up about it. Great layout too of Selah. Holler if you need help while Kyle is gone. We'll be around.
WOW WOW WOW...thats all I can say about that verse. WOW!! I totally get ya girl...
LOVING that LO, holy cow is that ever CUTE!! I love those photos of Selah. That girl cracks me up!
So glad you liked BSF. My mom went through the whole program and loved it. She learned so much and while it isn't much for the social side of things, you can get that lots of other places! And soooo glad that you feel at peace. Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I haven't felt it much in my life, but when it comes it is so wonderful!
Okay, Jason wants me to ask you what your maiden name is. He is laughing at how Dutch you are :) and all the good west-Michigan dutch ways. He wants to bet me that you are a Vander________. He says I get all the other Dutch names but he gets the Vanders :) LOL! His best friend is Dutch and he went to Calvin so he feels free to poke fun :)
lol
i am cracking up at the last comment!! i know your maiden name and it's close!
i am so glad that you found a good bible based study- that's exactly what i need!!
love your layout too!
so glad you had a good time at bsf. sounds like its a very cool thing. maybe next year i will check out the first timers club.
can't wait to find out what you are having. crazy that you are almost half done already.
Good for you - checking out BSF while you are pregnant with your 3rd child and all. It's a big commitment in discipline from what I have heard, but the pay-off is huge if you are willing to make the effort. You go girl! You "spur me on toward love and good deeds." That's what being a part of the body of believers is all about (Heb 10:19-39).
Post a Comment