5.28.2007

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day! I am sure not too many people are going to read this necessarily today so I also hope that you had a great relaxing day!


Our weekend has been super busy. I cannot even re-hash all that we have done, but we have been busy!!! We did take Braelyn to see Shrek Third - she liked it I think - we did too. There was a lot of adult humor in this one that I know she did not even get. A couple grill outs, and last night I actually last minute got to go scrap with the girlfriends while the guys were at one house watching the Tigers and the Pistons lose their games! Kids were in bed, and I found a sitter last minute!!! Good stuff going on!


This morning we had a Memorial Day parade - so cool to sit and clap for the all the veterans that walk past! Such an honor that we can live in a free country. So cool that the men and women fighting right now even for OTHER countries freedoms - Thanks so all the soldiers!!! So the parade was about an hour long and then we went over to my mom's again for a nummy nummy brunch!!! We're talking Papas y huevos (potatoes and eggs - yummola - my sister in law is spanish and she whips up a great tortilla with fried potatoes and scrambled eggs!), french toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon, etc.... Tons of leftovers. This afternoon we are just chilling - Kyle mowed - I took down the tent that Kyle and Braelyn slept in the other night, & posting some LO's. Soon we will head over to Kyle's parents for some pontoon boat riding, swimming in the lake and eating some more good grub!!!



Just got a call for a house showing again! That's three in like 2 weeks - very cool. The couple that came thru on Thurs. did call back for some more info and seem quite interested - we'll see if it pans out. The person that just called wanted to come thru maybe today, but of course I cannot have my house ready like right now so we declined for today (plus we have to leave soon for our party), and so they are coming thru Thur. night. Crazy that we have more showings for sale by owner than we did ever with realtor??? Crazy. Anyway - that is the news on the home front!

And finally here are a few LO's with some of the new digi stuff out!
























Credits Here - These sequin frames are Amy Martin's highlighted item this week over at
the-Lilypad - 35% OFF!!!























Credits Here - New Playground kit by Shabby Miss Jenn Designs - template by Janet Phillips




Credits Here - Flea Market Baskets kit by Shabby Miss Jenn Designs - super kit!!! - This LO was done for the Hodge Podge challenge!
Credits Here - And this LO was done with the collab kit by Ahsley Olsen and Miss Hunibuni over at the digishoppe! I believe right now it is only $5.00 - and it is a HUGE kit! I know Dawn and Ash are working on a girl collab kit too!
So I did a fair amount of scrapping and an even fairer amount of family time!!! Just good stuff all around! Hope you stuck with me through this LONG post! Enjoy your shorter week!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Of course I'm still checking blogs today! Sounds like you guys had a fun extended weekend - so jealous of the friend time! :) The layouts look great - I plan to do a little scrappin' shopping now that the kids are in bed. Have a good one!

S Huiz said...

Glad you had good family and friend time this weekend. It was a great weekend to spend outside- nice layouts!

Anonymous said...

Great layouts and oooh...that brunch sounds yummy! :)

The Bennett Bunch said...

Oh it sounds like you had a great holiday weekend! Those LO's are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

great los! can't wait to see shrek 3

Lynette said...

Sounds like memorial day was fun! What a great brunch! Glad you had a fun day, and wishing you luck with the lastest prospects on your house!